Our team worked diligently from year one to take this nonprofit newbie from unknown ... to critically acclaimed:
- Earned media placements include top-tier targets like GQ, “Entertainment Tonight,” Variety, “Access Hollywood,” New York Times, Cosmopolitan, and Los Angeles Time
- Developed and promoted student & beginner filmmaker events and programs with funds raised, i.e. the CONNECT series with Richard Dreyfuss and San Diego-area high school students.
- Increased film submission from 500 to more than 2,000 (and with that, contributions to San Diego Film Foundation)
- Boosted sponsorships from 100% trade-outs in year one to a total cash/trade value of more than $1 million
- Garnered 13 national industry, editor and regional awards for the Festival
The San Diego Film Festival, produced by the San Diego Film Foundation, was the biggest cultural arts event in the region, boasting five days and nights of 100 film premieres, seven special events, an awards gala and flocks of fans.
The festival has not only made a name for itself in entertainment circles, but served to further brand San Diego as a cultural, destination city, drawing big-name celebrities and Hollywood honchos year after year. as well as upwards of 20,000 attendees.